We are looking for contributions on current trends and developments in all areas of Free and Open Source Software, e.g.:
- Operating systems
- Software development
- IT security
- Legal aspects
Focus areas in 2021 are:
- Home-Office365 (-days later) - Lessons learned in the 1st year working from home
- Wood work instead of IT? - Leisure activities you developed during lock down
- The postman always rings twice - Exchange your groupware?
- From smoke till down - Availability if the cloud goes down
- Getting to the Source - Vulnerabilities in the mirror are closer than they appear
- Dumb SmartHome - RaspberryPi projects in HomeOffice
Registration and submission of contributions is accomplished via the web-based frontend at cfp.froscon.org. To participate in the Call for Papers, you will have to submit a short abstract as well as a detailed description. To participate in the conference you will also need to submit slides for your talk beforehand.
Until June 11th, 2021 develpers and experts interested in giving a lecture or workshop at the conference can submit their proposals. The selection is done by a program committee in early June.
Length of the contributions
The abstract should summarize the planned content of the talk in a precise and succinct way. We do not place a limit on its length.
The talks should take no more than 45 minutes, in order to allow some time for questions and subsequent preparing the stage for the following speaker.
We can accept longer contributions in special cases; we ask for a justification for the longer extent in this case.
Abstract and description have to be submitted as plain text via the web frontend. We ask for submission of the slides in PDF format; other open document formats such as OpenOffice should only be submitted after prior consultation.
Important Dates and Contact Information
- June 11th, 2021 End of the Call for Papers. All contributions need to be submitted by this date in order to qualify.
- Mid June 2021 Notification of acceptance of all contributions .
- June 30th, 2021 Final acceptance. We ask all invited speakers to give their final confirmation by this date.
- July 18th, 2021 Last date for submitting slides.
- August 21st, 2021 First day of FrOSCon.
Contributions can be submitted in German as well as English. The choice of language should depend solely on which language is more suitable for presenting the chosen topic. Language of submitted texts and the resulting talk should be the same.
We will publish abstract, description, slides and a video of your presentation on a website and include the abstract in the conference program. We demand that you place your
contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) license (or a more lenient license).
Unless another license is noted, we will assume that your contribution is under this linse. If you want to place your works under a less restrictive license, please note so with your submission.
Selection of Contributions
Contributions are selected based on their content by a program committee. Please understand that we cannot accept all contributions and are limited by the number and quality of the submissions. We will favor submissions which fall under one of the aforementioned topics.
We are planning to hold a social event online on the evening of the 21st and kindly invite all speakers to attend.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all relevant information.
No Spam! We promise!
Your data will only be used for sendining this newsletter.