We are looking for contributions on current trends and developments in all areas of Free and Open Source Software, e.g.:
- Operating systems
- Software development
- IT security
- Legal aspects
Focus areas in 2020 are:
- Antivirus software - How Open Source Software can help overcome the crisis
- Balanced by the market - video conferencing: Zoom on the Big Blue Button in Teams
- Working (together) in spite of Corona - Lessons learned on the journey to working from home
- Privacy vs. pandemic response - Who's protecting our data from the virus
- Clouds on the horizon - What happens when there's no space left in the cloud
- Infrastruktur as a Scalability-Issue - Need more bandwidth, VPNs and everything
Registration and submission of contributions is accomplished via the web-based frontend at cfp.froscon.org. To participate in the Call for Papers, you will have to submit a short abstract as well as a detailed description. To participate in the conference you will also need to submit slides for your talk beforehand.
Until May 23rd, 2020 develpers and experts interested in giving a lecture or workshop at the conference can submit their proposals. The selection is done by a program committee in early June.
Length of the contributions
The abstract should summarize the planned content of the talk in a precise and succinct way. We do not place a limit on its length.
The talks should take no more than 45 minutes, in order to allow some time for questions and subsequent preparing the stage for the following speaker.
We can accept longer contributions in special cases; we ask for a justification for the longer extent in this case.
Abstract and description have to be submitted as plain text via the web frontend. We ask for submission of the slides in PDF format; other open document formats such as OpenOffice should only be submitted after prior consultation.
Important Dates and Contact Information
- May 23rd, 2020 End of the Call for Papers. All contributions need to be submitted by this date in order to qualify.
- Mid June 2020 Notification of acceptance of all contributions .
- June 30th, 2020 Final acceptance. We ask all invited speakers to give their final confirmation by this date.
- July 18th, 2020 Last date for submitting slides.
- August 22nd, 2020 First day of FrOSCon.
Contributions can be submitted in German as well as English. The choice of language should depend solely on which language is more suitable for presenting the chosen topic. Language of submitted texts and the resulting talk should be the same.
We will publish abstract, description, slides and a video of your presentation on a website and include the abstract in the conference program. We demand that you place your
contributions under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) license (or a more lenient license).
Unless another license is noted, we will assume that your contribution is under this linse. If you want to place your works under a less restrictive license, please note so with your submission.
Selection of Contributions
Contributions are selected based on their content by a program committee. Please understand that we cannot accept all contributions and are limited by the number and quality of the submissions. We will favor submissions which fall under one of the aforementioned topics.
We are planning to hold a social event online on the evening of the 22nd and kindly invite all speakers to attend.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all relevant information.
No Spam! We promise!
Your data will only be used for sendining this newsletter.