On both conference days FrOSCon offers a comprehensive program of lectures and workshops in 8 rooms. Additional lectures and workshops are offered by several Open Source Projects in their own project rooms.
- Program (tba)
- Theme day „schul-frei-Konferenz“ (23.08.)
- Directory of exhibitors
- Directory of developer rooms (tba)
Apart from that, in recent years we could offer discounted Linux Professional Institute (LPI) exams, a keysigning party, Lighting Talks, a youth and kids track FrogLabs and our child care program Kernel Developers 2.0. In 2018 we can already state that we will offer:
- Childcare - Kernel Developers 2.0
Like every year there is also a social event with BBQ and local beer on Saturday evening to celebrate FrOSCon.
We offer lectures about current developments of all areas of Free Software and Open Source, e.g.:
- Operating systems
- Software development
- IT security
- Legal aspects
Each year we focus on some topics. For 2018 these are:
- Being blessed by the algorithm - (S)election bias in code
- There's a Tux in your window - The year of Linux on the Desktop?
- The crossroads of privacy - wealth of data and a new gold rush.
- The Spectre of hardware bugs - how to handle security meltdowns.
- Cloud-native on demand distributed containerized RESTful serverless on premise microservice: Hello World! as a service.
Kids and Youth Track "FrogLabs"
In this year the kids and youth track "FrogLabs" is organized from kids for kids, meaning that theys can present their own projects and ideas in workshops.
Full participation in FrogLabs like every year requires registration through http://kids.froscon.de/. There will, however, be a few places for interested children to take part in the workshops only. These seats will be very limited.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive all relevant information.
No Spam! We promise!
Your data will only be used for sendining this newsletter.